Video Card Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help. I don't plan on getting the card right now and would prefer to wait until the new cards come out (because hopefully these cards will become cheaper...). However, that being said, waiting might prove harder than I think, and I might give in to myself and buy a card.

I'd actually advise quite the opposite: to stay well clear of the 256 version.
This review certainly give you something to worry about.

The problem is that if it is right on the verge now in terms of mem, in half a year, it won't work at all. Certainly if you are trying to play crysis, stay well clear. Some games here seem to be beyond working with 1280 and AA. And lets face it, at 1280, you need AA.

The 38** series is a good alternative, or the GT 512 if you can afford it.

Well, that article suggests that the 8800GTS 320MB is slightly better, however, if I can just get an extra 80 bucks then I should definitely get the 8800GT 512MB version. Well, one this is certain, right now I can't afford the 512MB version, so I will need to be patient.

Well the ATi 3870 and 3850 would beat the 320 or the 256....

I wouldn't suggest getting a 320, anyway. The ATi might be your best bet. For the high-mid gamer market, its prolly the best value for money there is. maybe

Well, considering that the 512 version is around $50-$70 more expensive I will bide my time and continue to save. It seems to me that in the long run the $50-$70 extra might be worth it. Besides, my birthday is only in 6.5 months.

I'd actually advise quite the opposite: to stay well clear of the 256 version.
This review certainly give you something to worry about.

The problem is that if it is right on the verge now in terms of mem, in half a year, it won't work at all. Certainly if you are trying to play crysis, stay well clear. Some games here seem to be beyond working with 1280 and AA. And lets face it, at 1280, you need AA.

The 38** series is a good alternative, or the GT 512 if you can afford it.

Guess what, i can still hit 26fps in crysis at 1280x1024 on all high settings. You are basing the cards performance off one review, with loads on aa on which isnt necessary. And im sure thats the stock version, oc'd it gets a significant performance boost. You can play it a 1600x1200 with no aa (isnt necessary this high) and get the same performance as all the other cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom