dont know how to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
those are auto ram timings, its fine because it wont kill you, you can manually readjust it but remember to set the voltage accordingly
i suggest 2.1 v to keep 5-5-5-15 happy at that frequency

those are auto ram timings, its fine because it wont kill you, you can manually readjust it but remember to set the voltage accordingly
i suggest 2.1 v to keep 5-5-5-15 happy at that frequency

Set the RAm voltage to whatever the manufacture states for it's rated speed. You can increase or decrease it from there dependant upon the speed you run it.

now we start discussing voltages and whatnot, to get to 3.0ghz try out a 429mhz FSB

if i change the fsb to 429 do i need to change anything else? or do i test to see if its stable first? and do i need an aftermarket cpu cooler since im using stock?

Download a program called CoreTemp and let us know what temperatures it is reporting at your current clock speed of 2.8 while you have it working on something like prime95, orthos, etc; and from there we should be able to determine if you can safely go to 3.0 on that stock cooler.

if i change the fsb to 429 do i need to change anything else? or do i test to see if its stable first? and do i need an aftermarket cpu cooler since im using stock?

ur using stock cooler?? I'd say 2.8ghz is a good place to stop then, because then you have to start worrying about temperatures and what not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom