New Gaming LCD reccomendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would like to point out that the asus is 2ms GTG, which could translate to 10ms BTB for all we know, as grey to grey is NOT an adequate way of benchmarking color transfer.

yup very much price matter, id rather put my money into something like CPU or Vid then on a "Elite" monitor. I expected around 250 for the LCD... so its not bad

and these old CRTs are killin me.. 17in is just brutal.. I know its 7 years old .. but man.. I wanna break it for hurtin my eyes. (and yes the refresh is cranked)

I'm gonna give you a warning now, this is only my person observation, not sure if others feel this way, but I went from a dual monitor setup (19"lcd + 17" CRT), to a dual 19" and loved it. When I bought my 22", I regretted getting widescreen because I was not used to it at all. I gave it a chance (obviously bc I just spent $300 on it haha) and now I pretty much love it and will only buy widescreen from now on.

well iam used to a single 15/17inch CRT - so a 22 LCD will be plenty of adjustement with the "odd horizontal" feeling. lol.. I'll adapt fine, all at once.

Lmao ricanflow, get your numbers right before you compare. Chimei is $210 + shipping, you wont notice a difference in the response time or the colors, and the extra contrast ratio is only a slight improvement. Worth the extra $65, well, let's say 15 off because they give free shipping, so worth the extra $50? No way.

I dont go by mail in rebates, i go by what you have to pay up front, as some people dont send them in anyways, since it can be a hassle for the companyy to honor it. The only way you could say if its worth it or not is a side by side comparison.

I have always been told ( I cannot vouch for this ) that specs on LCD's mean next to nothing apart from resolution. I have noticed at best buy when looking at displays that a lot of 700:1 contrast ratio's look wayyy better then some 3000:1's, the same is true with color depth. This is how I have always bought LCD's anyway, by not paying attention to stats... rather look at reviews.

Oh the specs do make a difference, it just depends. But just from the looks of the monitor, i think someone else makes it (samsung or lg?) and asus throws their name onto. I dunno, i just like the overall apperance of the monitor as well.

response time means tons. though most monitors now it doesnt even matter, sicne the response time is good enough to prevent ghosting anyway. it's not even something that really needs to be looked at so much. but i'd stick between 2 and 6ms.

I like high contrast ratio. It's all a matter of taste I guess. I'll never buy anythign with under 1000. But as stated above a lot of people can't tell the difference anyway. i'm just really picky.

Akubane, I guarantee you could be shown 10 different monitors, all with different contrast ratios, and be asked to point out in 5 separate comparisons of which has what CR, and you would maybe get 50% right, which also just happens to be the exact odds by random guessing. Nothing against you, just saying paper stats are sometimes meaningless.

Long story short, Chimei FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom