New Gaming LCD reccomendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
Looking for a good, large LCD with low Delay for gaming purposes, I plan to get at least a 8800GT card, so native resolutions can be pretty high (I'll probably end up dual carding something in the future)

Price is a big concern and nothing over 5ms GTG please I want something trusted and hopefully won't have dead pixels, id prefer NO speakers (they won't get used anyway) if possible.. and color doesn't matter because I can paint it if I need to.

Link me up please. ^.^

that would be the one I have bookmarked for price/performance rating.. just wanted to make sure my choice wasnt really far off.

It really does seem too good to be true... but according to everyone who has owned one, it's just a great monitor. I plan to put in my order for it on wednesday unless I find an outrageous deal on a samsung.

well I've just never heard the name brand before it.. so I wasn't too trusting in it.

also- think a 8800GT 512MB would keep it runnin smooth on all my games applications and I plan to do some rendering- massive game rendering (I know its CPU based mostly but visually needs to be pleasing) Iam working on my own RPG

Just so you guys know, I bought that Chimei monitor back when they first went on sale in November of last year. I've used it for gaming with my 7900gt, and currently using it to play my xbox 360 on. It's a great monitor, and it's not too good to be true. I got it for $300 and it was worth every penny, so any amount under that is a steal. As of last year, Chimei was the 3rd largest LCD panel maker, so they aren't a no name.

Lmao ricanflow, get your numbers right before you compare. Chimei is $210 + shipping, you wont notice a difference in the response time or the colors, and the extra contrast ratio is only a slight improvement. Worth the extra $65, well, let's say 15 off because they give free shipping, so worth the extra $50? No way.

I have always been told ( I cannot vouch for this ) that specs on LCD's mean next to nothing apart from resolution. I have noticed at best buy when looking at displays that a lot of 700:1 contrast ratio's look wayyy better then some 3000:1's, the same is true with color depth. This is how I have always bought LCD's anyway, by not paying attention to stats... rather look at reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom