Nvidia's Release plans for early 2008 - Hardocp

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya... definitely needa do some waiting to find out what they're capable of... i'm just horribly disappointed at ATi and Nvidia because these new cards that are out, and coming out, arent even anything new.. just die shrinks and other sorts of BS.... bah... looks like i'll stick to the gtx's for a good year

ya... definitely needa do some waiting to find out what they're capable of... i'm just horribly disappointed at ATi and Nvidia because these new cards that are out, and coming out, arent even anything new.. just die shrinks and other sorts of BS.... bah... looks like i'll stick to the gtx's for a good year

if i were u, i would consider upgrading to one of these ONLY if they have at least a 50% increase in performance; like 30 fps more differ imo. I need a graphics card soon n i dont want to get the HD 3870s because of poor performance that pushes me away from buying it. Plus, HD 3870 x2 is right around the corner.

Yeah, they might take the framecap off crysis for the 9 series to get you to buy them (spot the conspiracy theorist).

I think Nvidia have just decided that they can beat ATi's top cards with budget versions of current technology, and then just SLI some cards together to give keep buyers interested and coughing up money. The fact is that they can afford to release a whole series of cards based on old designs and still, dominate the high end market. So they will. As soon as ATi release their new line, BAM! Nvidia release the G100- derived series.

The fact that ATi are lagging behind in the high performance bracket, means Nvidia have the time to spend on their new series of cards.

what the **** is the 9800gtx supposed to be if the 9800gx2 is just 2 8800gts' together!?

better be something like 512bit memory bus or something.... and its original 768mb ram

9 series is gonna be the biggest flop ever.... its like going from 6 to 7 series.. just terrible...

so hopefully they will have a 9900 series like nvidia had the 7900's because they where quite an improvement over the 7800's.

Yeah, they might take the framecap off crysis for the 9 series to get you to buy them (spot the conspiracy theorist).

I think Nvidia have just decided that they can beat ATi's top cards with budget versions of current technology, and then just SLI some cards together to give keep buyers interested and coughing up money. The fact is that they can afford to release a whole series of cards based on old designs and still, dominate the high end market. So they will. As soon as ATi release their new line, BAM! Nvidia release the G100- derived series.

The fact that ATi are lagging behind in the high performance bracket, means Nvidia have the time to spend on their new series of cards.

well the prices of ATI's HD 3800 series is considerably lower then 8800 series, which ATI definitely have the advantage over. Customers want lower price for better performance n the 8800 GT is like $20 more then the HD 3870 n the performance of the 3870 isnt too off comparing to the 8800 GT.

off topic:

AMD has low budget CPUs for good performance, unlike Intel in which they have very high prices for CPUs over Q6600. Seriously, if AMD finds someway to kick butt with the B3 stepping CPUs, 9900 n up for cheap, then Intel will have a hard time on their hands. However, Intel seems to be holding back on purpose to see what AMD will throw at them next. Though AMD is still gonna be around to stay, even if Intel is better, in which case they r.

so all n all, it comes to show that lower price is necessarily better for ones who have limited budget n still get great performence, even though most of Intel's quad-cores r 2x faster then Phenom or C2Ds r better OCers then Athlon 64s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom