Intel 45-nm Q1'08 lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Intel has launched a slew of new 45-nm CPUs at CES today. The following chart lists the new processors:

Intel08Lineup.jpg

The Core 2 CPUs at the top of the chart are intended for use in laptops, while the Xeon processors in the middle are targeted towards the server/workstation market, and finally, Intel has launched 9 new desktop processors.

As you can see, the new desktop processors largely replace existing desktop CPUs -- with its 3.16GHz clock speed, only the E8500 breaks any new ground for Intel. The new Penryn core brings with it a number of enhancements though, so clock-for-clock performance will favor the new processors. Also, the E8190 and E8200 share similar specs with the only difference being the E8190 lacks virtualization support. Both CPUs start at just $163 in quantities of 1,000 and should be available later this month.

Source: FiringSquad.com

Note: If this have been posted before, my bad and you can delete the thread (just to let know I did a search but I didn't found anything).

I think that the E8200 will be a better choice in terms of price/performance is just like the E6750 (2.66GHz) or E6850 (3.0GHz) both are good but whats the point in getting the E6850 when you can easily overclock it passing those frequency.. I might be talking early but those CPU are suppose to overclock like crazy or just like the current series?

I think that the E8200 will be a better choice in terms of price/performance is just like the E6750 (2.66GHz) or E6850 (3.0GHz) both are good but whats the point in getting the E6850 when you can easily overclock it passing those frequency.. I might be talking early but those CPU are suppose to overclock like crazy or just like the current series?
or you could compare it e6550 and e6750 and put the e8500 as e6860
it makes more sense

i am planning to order q6600 this week,but now......anyway should i wait for few months and get q9450????any help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom