bought new ram and it just doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourtrax

Solid State Member
I know some obout computers but not lots. heres my problem, i just bought 4 gigs of DDR2 PC 5300 ram, to replace my 2 gigs of other stuff. i put all 4 gigs in, my computer screen comes up black (no picture) so i tryed combining the old and new stuff like S1: 1 S2: 512 S3: 1 S4: 512.....and my computer stopped loading at the ASUS screen just before windows loading screen comes up i tryed different combinations and still samething. one combination though of 3 1 gig sticks and 1 512 allowed me to get to the login screen, but after a few seconds it would restart it self, and it kept doing that. what is my problem? (i have an ASUS LGA775 mother board)

what is the exact model of your motherboard? What OS are you running? What is the brand and model of the RAM you are trying to use? If you put back all of the old ram does it work?

what is the exact model of your motherboard? What OS are you running? What is the brand and model of the RAM you are trying to use? If you put back all of the old ram does it work?

theres a bunch of numbers on this box lol...here's something. it says MG351T-C

have windows XP

the ram is made by crucial

and yes im on my computer right now with old ram.

just found out something new, if u put in 2 new sticks. one in slot on and one in slot 3 it works. im on it right now. but when i put all 4 in, it stops at the ASUS screen and doesnt proceed to the windows screen. why?

go and grab cpuz CPUID run it and it will tell us the model of your board and ram. Win Xp can only use up to 3GB of memory but it should run just not recognize all 4 gigs. A little strange. Give us the board info and We call help a bit more.

after trying many different combinations i found out it was one stick that is not working. i have one further question. am i better off having 2 gigs of the pc 5300 in 3 slots with a 512 in the other or 2 in (ex.) 1 and 3 and have the 512 in 2 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom