Good CPU Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneblot

Baseband Member
Whats a good CPU Heatsink? Im thinking of getting the intel quad core 2.4 and want to over clock it to about 3Ghz would the heatsink which comes in retail box be good enough to keep it cool or should I look for a better Cooler?

Overclocking to 3GHz is fine with the stock heatsink. But when you're overclocking, it kinda gets addictive, so it's better to get an aftermarket HS. I would definitely suggest the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme. No fan included, so make sure you get one of those too.

Cheers I think for the time being I'll sit on the aftermarket HS and also the overclocking of my cpu for a few months then up it to 3 then see if I want to take it anyt further. Oh by the way the Intel Quad Core Q6600 95Watt G0 Stepping 2.4 how high could I overclock that to?

With a good aftermarket such as the TRUE, the usual is around the 3.6-3.8GHz range.

really so instead of spending 300-600 pounds on one that is already at 3.6 or 3.8 I can just overclock it? Also (going abit off track but) with the 8800 GT 512Mb how far can I overclock that?

I see many of them that overclock from the stock 600/1800 to 700-800/2000+

So the TRUE is better than the tuniq? it's just that it's a lot taller so most people can't fit it in there cases, right? Is that why so many people go with the Tuniq? Just cause it's good and it fits?

I guess you can say that. But it fits in my mid tower just fine. Maybe an inch gap, in between the side panel and it's top.

but if your case has a side fan its difficult to fit in even with full tower
(i would know)
also tuniq on max sounds like a jet
mgcook will support this comment :)

get a TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom