dont know how to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMINFIRE

Solid State Member
im a noob wanting to overclock a e6550 but dont know how. I need a step by step guide in overclocking. i want an easy overclock to 2.8.

ds3l
e6550
g.skill 5-5-5-15
7900gs
stock cooler

its multiplier is x7 so the FSB is 340 (340x7=2.380ghz or 2.33ghz which is its stock speed) so to get to your goal of 2.8ghz you'd need to increase the FSB to 400, then save and reboot, check if it stable (with Prime95 or something)

Ste i would suggest you explain those two concepts for him ( ram timing etc) and tell him how it is done. I can't since i have no idea... But if he's anything like me he will not know anything.:D

And adjust voltages and memory timmigs dependant on stability..

ya... but he's not going past 2.8ghz, and he's probably not gonna need a Voltage increase for that that little of an overclock

when i start overclocking, what am i supposed to do in the bio settings. Enable disable anything? change what to what?

when i start overclocking, what am i supposed to do in the bio settings. Enable disable anything? change what to what?

Just go in to the bois, and type in '400' in the FSB part, and then save settings. You shouldnt need to mess with volts, as i got my lower clocked e6300 to 2.8 on stock volts.

how come my ram timing changed to 5-7-7-18 after i overclocked to 2.8. is that good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom