xp install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
im running win2k pro right now and am ready to upgrade to xp pro.
I want to do a clean install, partition the hard drive and possibly use both systems at the same time could someone point me in thr right direction of the thread that would be great.

this computer is mainly for gaming.

ok i screwed up somewhere i put in the disk and chose clean install.
it loaded some files and restarted when i got into xp and tried to delete the partition it said it couldnt because there were seutp files on it
?

ideas?

Go into the repair console. Then reformat your old XP partion.

ok how do i know when its done? its back to C:\WINNT> after about 30 sec.

and hat exactly do i type to get the format?

You shouldn't have to type anything, its all GUI bar the partions bit?

ok thanks for all the help got xp in and working great.

just one question is it possible to partition the hard drive after windows is installed? or do i need to satrt again?

i have a 120 gig hd and would like windows on one partition
all my games on the second
and data and music on the third

thank you

dam im silly when it comes to computers ok what do i do after unzipping archive of gparted burn it to a disk? does it install like a program?

also if i redo windows and partition then will it automatically label the partitions?

GParted you want the LiveCD. It should come in a ISO which you just burn using ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP or Nero or something like that. Then just reboot with the CD in and it will run.

IT will leave the label for hte Vista partition as you have it. It will name the new partition jsut that. New Partition #1 and you can rename it when you go back into Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom