Cleaning the dust out of my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i know distilled water on your mobo after it dries doesnt harm anything... but idk if all liquids cant cause harm...

The best thing is to try to avoid getting water on your mobo :)

yeah kinda helps :) i know theres some kinda oil that if you submerge your pc in it still works :D

I use an air compressor to clean inside my computer all the time. Usually at around 100psi. Its much better than that canned air. And its a lot stronger when you need it to be. I have not had any problems with moisture coming out of the compressor.

he computer will not run faster because its been dusted... cooling may become better, but the computer itself won't go any faster or slower...

Not true.

The reason i joined tech-forums was due to a problem i had with my computer acting slow (CPU Chugging in games). Had heaps of replies of viruses and defraging (things that i had already check and done).

Then someone posted about cleaning the dust out of my pc, No more chugging or 80degree cpu.

So yes the computer may go faster or slow due to dust. :happy:

Compressors do sometimes shoot water. Well its not water it's condensation, come one guys that basic science!

There should be a little tap on the compressor that will let out the condensation. Unscrew, let it out, then nip it tight again. Give it a few blasts in the air to make sure there is no water and off you go :)

Not true.

The reason i joined tech-forums was due to a problem i had with my computer acting slow (CPU Chugging in games). Had heaps of replies of viruses and defraging (things that i had already check and done).

Then someone posted about cleaning the dust out of my pc, No more chugging or 80degree cpu.

So yes the computer may go faster or slow due to dust. :happy:

good point, well only if its a really bad dust problem not just getting the dust off the base of your case :D

Well i know distilled water on your mobo after it dries doesnt harm anything... but idk if all liquids cant cause harm...

The best thing is to try to avoid getting water on your mobo :)

Actually I know someone who's laptop got rain water inside of it while it was till turned on during a thunderstorm on a campout. He told me that he turned it upside down and water literally spilled out of the keyboard. I thought the laptop was done for, but after taking it half apart and letting it dry out for a few days, it worked fine.

sounds like a nice place to visit, wow im funny anyway you should have put pics up although lots of dust is just disgusting :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom