A "Crysis" with my Hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried the game when the machine was hooked up to my plasma tv. Same results, so it must be the card. It really does sound like it goes into overdrive. Is there anyway around this? I really don't want to have to buy another card.

sounds like it may be either a driver issue or the card doesnt have something crysis needed-wrong shader model or something similar. try downloading the latest drivers from ATI, not the catalyst drivers, just the regular drivers.

*ANOTHER UPDATE*

Tried the latest drivers by themselves and still had the same results. I ran a scan through the driver agent site, and it okayed the video card. I went ahead and updated my monitor drivers while I was at it. still the same results.

I also noticed that a red LED lights up on the card whenever I try to run Crysis. I highly doubt this is a power issue, though, since I was running the same PSU and video card since before I replaced the motherboard.

Again, everything runs fine until i try to start the game.

well the ati 1900 is kind of an old card it may not support the game. also how are you running it? the game may be trying to look for directx10 which is why its not working. see if you can tell it to manually run it under directx9. but if its not the driver, then im going to say your video cards to old. the specs say it should run but that dont mean anything. recomended to get full graphics is at least a nvidia 8800 GTS or compatible card. i have a friend who maxed the game graphics out with two 8600s in sli, but thats with some serious tweaking. that game is a serious performance hog.

*PROBLEM SOLVED!*

This thread has been going on for awhile now, and many thanks goes out to those who took the time to respond.

I'd like to address a couple of things. First off, this wasn't an issue with the drivers for either the monitor or the video card. The monitor drivers worked fine from the get go, and I tried a vast array of drivers with the video card ranging from the Catalyst drivers to the hacked Omega drivers. Same results each time.

Second, the x1900xtx is not too "old" to play games like Crysis, a game that was designed to run on systems as much as three years old. I had also installed the game on a computer running an X1300 256MB card and a single-core proccessor, and while certainly choppy, the game did in fact run. If an X1300 256MB card can run Crysis, then certainly an X1900XTX 512MB card paired with an Athlon X2 can at least load the game.

The issue was actually hardware related. The 1900 has 2 LEDs on the card; one for power and one for fault. One or both light up when their assigned issues are raised. In this case, it was the fault LED. So, I gritted my teeth and shelled out the money for a GeForce 8800GTX 768MB card. Both the card and the PSU are made by BFG. I loaded up the game, and sure enough, everything ran just fine. Newegg allowed me to RMA the old card, and now Crysis looks beautiful.

On a side note, I'd like to add that Patriot is absolutely right. The game is a total performance hog. According to several articles I ran across, a system running three 8800 Ultras in a triple SLI configuration still couldn't max out the game on the max resolution. I have a feeling Crysis was designed to be the pioneer for next-gen gaming.

Link to Article: Crysis running at 35fps on three graphic cards

On a side note, I'd like to add that Patriot is absolutely right. The game is a total performance hog. According to several articles I ran across, a system running three 8800 Ultras in a triple SLI configuration still couldn't max out the game on the max resolution. I have a feeling Crysis was designed to be the pioneer for next-gen gaming.

Link to Article: Crysis running at 35fps on three graphic cards

glad to hear you got your problem fixed, although you had to shell out for that new gtx of yours. its probably still a nice upgrade. however triple sli is pointless in crysis if im not mistaken crysis doesn't even support it yet.

For the general consumer, true, but this group was given a crack at a build which does support 3x SLI. How and why? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom