9800 GX2 - ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the general consensus is that if it's only 30% more powerful than an Ultra, it can't cost more than 30% more than an Ultra, or it's not worth it, right? It might not be worth waiting for, maybe I should just get a 8800GT?

so the general consensus is that if it's only 30% more powerful than an Ultra, it can't cost more than 30% more than an Ultra, or it's not worth it, right? It might not be worth waiting for, maybe I should just get a 8800GT?

thats not how things work man lol

if it is new then it will cost a lot 9 times out of 10

**** a new card can come out and perform worse then the previouse card and still cost more

What about the Asus 8800GT 1GB... whatever happened to that? I read that it came out in December but I can't find it for sale anywhere?
news12062007-1.jpg

Only 1GB GT I can find is a Palit... on ebay
PALIT 8800GT SUPER+1GB PCIE 2.0 DVI HDCP VIDEO CARD NEW - (eBay.ca item 300186687580 end time 30-Jan-08 01:42:09 EST)

Horrible horrible song.

None the less. A one up on gary's mod for sure! Does the fact that this can even be done have anything to do with the DX10 engine's "efficiency" ?

nope in fact Im pretty sure he did all that in DX9 mode. All DX10 seems to do is add a bunch of sparkle effects at a cost of significant performance. After seeing countless and countless of DX9 vs DX10 image comparisons on very high ( the hacked DX9 very high mode ) I can honestly say theres not THAT much of a differance although there is defiantely a differance.

nope in fact Im pretty sure he did all that in DX9 mode. All DX10 seems to do is add a bunch of sparkle effects at a cost of significant performance. After seeing countless and countless of DX9 vs DX10 image comparisons on very high ( the hacked DX9 very high mode ) I can honestly say theres not THAT much of a differance although there is defiantely a differance.

It's not something you can look at and judge by. DX10 is supposed to be a "wider, smoother, straighter highway" for games to operate under. I mean, the DX9 havox engine can't handle that much stuff going on...

Well considering its 30% more performance for 2/3rds the cost, id say **** yeah its worth it. Assuming that site is correct and the card will only cost 430$ USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom