Why no b: drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why no a: drive?

Nevermind this post... i meant b drive... i added the other post as Why no b: drive. Just mistyped the letter... twice.

The A and B drice are allocated to teh floppy drives.

I have several USB Floppies and they dont take the B: Drive letter. In Vista they have removed this limitation. I was able to give the data drive of mine the letter A:\ this limit is only for XP and before Windows OS's.

Well i was using xp at the time. When i built my pc i didnt bother with an internal floppy. i only use it when i am working on someones pc that has no boot from cd option in the bios and or requires a boot disk to install the os.

I think Vista totally removed floppy support, I am sure b: is reserved for the 5 1/4 in floppy.

I think Vista totally removed floppy support, I am sure b: is reserved for the 5 1/4 in floppy.
No, it is reserved for any kind of floppy. Back in the day, hard drives were small and there weren't CD burners. It was useful to have 2 floppy drives to copy files from one disk to another.

From what I can remember B:\ is for a ext floppy drive but got removed when the brought in the hard drive (C:\) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom