Whats the difference between 4x and 8x video cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya, I will be buying my vid card. I buy everything my dad doesnt help with anything. I wouldnt even have a comp. if my grand father didnt get it for school. I just cant tell him about the window i put in. He would FREAK!

Ya goodluck 4-D, and how bout that I think the ATi 9600 would also be a good choice! I would go for the xt though, or if it's to much money go for the pro.

wow this was interesting :) Anywho both parties are correct on each of there perspectives... You can run an 8x AGP video card on a 4x slot with no problems, but as mentioned it will only run at 4x. As mentioned I would by the card now and upgrade the other items in the future or as money becomes available.

i am sure and can bet on it..
u can run an agp 8x card on a 4x slot..
but u wont be gettng the full performance from the card because of the higher throughput of the 8x standard..
as for the card,i agree with blindarrow
to buy a X800 XT Platinum

well i answered my own question. There is a 9600 xt but which one is better? there is a big price difference. Im just looking for a All around good multimeida card. i dont play much games and i alreadt have a tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom