IP related to shutdown/startup speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Yeah i was just wondering if setting your IP to a specific IP instead of having obtained automatically would speed up the shutdown and startup speed. I read that during that startup the computer has the search for the IP on the network, but if you set the IP manually if saves a bit of startup time.

I did although set my IP manually and my DNS everything seemed fine no IP problems ( i didn't try to restart though) but all of a sudden i have a notice saying "Your computer is having an IP conflict with another computer on the network."

When i went to network settings my IP changed back to "Obtain my IP automatically" while my DNS was at " Use the following DNS"

So, simply I'm just wondering.

1.Does manually typing your address in the network settings decrease startup/shutdown time?
2.How come my IP reverted back to "Obtain IP automatically" while my DNS stayed at "use the following DNS"?

Regards,

P.S. when i say IP should/would i use my internal IP or my external IP.

manually entering an ip address will speed things up a bit, but not much. if you want to increase startup/shutdown times you'll need to remove some entries from msconfig. also some registry cleaning/defraging will help.

Ah i see. I have been manually tweaking my computer from here :

How to Make Your PC Run Faster and Better- Speed up Startup

Nice site, worked well too.

But my shutdown still seems a little slow. It logs off, saves the settings normal time. But shutdown seems to take quite some time. I've no viruses, minimal startup programs but still it persist. My startup time is great ,but shutdown hm...

Well i guess this isn't the thread for this. Just wanted to know manually configurating the IP would speed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom