Weekend computer fun - customizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
I think this would go here right? :p

I love intel and my intel975xbx

So, looking for things to do besides gaming, I figure it high time I take advantage of what Intel allows me to do with my board:

I brand my machine ;)

I alter the boot (I took a pic of the shutdown cuz I was scared it might not have restarted :p):
shutdown:

old boot:

new boot:

Not sure if all the other brands are as easy, but intel is so easy...love em. Makes me want to make sure my next cpu/mobo is them as well, unless there is some extra feature I can't find in whatever I plan to buy next.

The bios screen is a full color image too, not the dithered down image I was thinking might happen. Sweet. This is all on my archaic 19" crt...no widescreen. Very curious if it does ws.

King of image optimization, no huge gigantic pic files from me :D

those things haven't dropped in price yet? or enough? it's been about a year since I had mine....I'll go surfing for 975 boards later...at my sis's house...broadband :D

well sure a lot of cheap foxxcon and abit 975x motherboards on newegg, but too bad in Canada the cheapest one i could find is around $170 and thats the cruddy foxxcon one.

But if your want an enthusiant crossfireboard, might as good with the x38 boards anyway.

What does Intel have to do with it? The things you altered are windows functions.

talking to me m733? not sure about you...but the bios image is different than a startup splash image.

Now I don't know if they make 3rd party apps to hack into a maker's mobo to add that image.

For my intel board/model, intel gives us an app to load that image into the bios.

The system panel can be done with a windows app, the bios image cannot....but someone please let me know if there is something out there. Then I can change other relative's machines to have things too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom