Cpu And Ram questions(and Advise for new my comp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would be extremely hard pressed to build a decent gaming rig for 300 with all the stuff you need.

you could potentially do it, but it would be hella ugly.

and this is an analogy of how dual/quad cores work. its like you and your 3 friends are trying to go somewhere, you won't get there any faster by you four taking 2 cars rather then all 4 in one car. thats how cpus work. one 4ghz cpu will work faster in doing something then a 1.6ghz dual core, that is if the application is programmed for a single core. if its optimized for 2 cores then you can essentially add the two core speeds together to get the speed of it.

So should i go with dual cor or single?
id say the bulk game ive got are pre dual cor popularity
also i do alot of video converting so wich would be better for that as well?

Video encoding is probably the most multi-core optimizing task you could do. You will definately see benefit in that.

Games are just barely starting to take advantage of multiple cores, and don't show as much benefit as you would hope. Only the most recent games will show noticible improvement.

Though, with such a low budget, you would really be better off shoveling snow until you earn the extra $200. If you spend too much on a PC, you start to lose "bang for your buck", however, the same is true if you spend too little.

I think $500, as mentioned earlier by someone, would be an excellent amount to spend.

A $300 machine would likely be capable of playing C&C3, but would start lagging as you got more units in the game, or during the intense battles.

Video encoding is probably the most multi-core optimizing task you could do. You will definately see benefit in that.

Games are just barely starting to take advantage of multiple cores, and don't show as much benefit as you would hope. Only the most recent games will show noticible improvement.

Though, with such a low budget, you would really be better off shoveling snow until you earn the extra $200. If you spend too much on a PC, you start to lose "bang for your buck", however, the same is true if you spend too little.

I think $500, as mentioned earlier by someone, would be an excellent amount to spend.

A $300 machine would likely be capable of playing C&C3, but would start lagging as you got more units in the game, or during the intense battles.

I would if i could but i have a tight wallet as i take care of a disabled relative so its kinda hard for me to come by money even all the games i buy are used and pretty muc hbargain basment stuff

Never use a PSU that came in a case. They are a risk to all of the hardware in the computer because they could blow and destroy all of the components. With that 6600, C&C3 wouldnt look pretty and that processor is fairly underpowered (i actually used to have a celeron D and the pentium dual core would be a much better alternative). I would reccomend shopping from newegg if your american. I know its hard for you to collect money, but I would just wait until you have say $500 to spend, then build a nice, fast system.

alright lets see then as far as graphics cards gothe one i posted is 50.99 do yuo have one that is in that range that works nicley?

nice
Im thinkin of 86ing the case and use the one i have know though its not a gaming case it would savew about 40 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom