build it my self

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok i am thinking on putting together a pc by my self the thing is i have never done it before

i have happily put ner parts in to pre built systems (HDD, gpu and ram) and can do the hardware side pretty easy but its just everything else

so here i am asking if there is any step by step guides or anything that would help me set up

just so any one knows i have not got the parts yet but its NOT going to have a floppy of a cd-rom but it it going to have dvd-rom and dvd-rw with xp or vista

someone will come along with a guide to putting it together.

but there isn't really anything to putting a system together. I would say the only tricky parts that you really have to pay attention to are making sure the ram is seated in the right slots, make sure you put the right amount of thermal paste on, and make sure you have your front panel wires in the right places.

other then that its like blinking your eyes.

someone will come along with a guide to putting it together.

but there isn't really anything to putting a system together. I would say the only tricky parts that you really have to pay attention to are making sure the ram is seated in the right slots, make sure you put the right amount of thermal paste on, and make sure you have your front panel wires in the right places.

other then that its like blinking your eyes.

yeah thats true but i got that nailed down near as best i can (i hope)

Agreed with Peter. Only really "difficult" parts are finding out which front panel headers are which (which can be found out by looking at the motherboard manual), and then matching them up to the case's header wires. Getting the heatsink/fan mounted for me was difficult because I had the AF7, which has the same clip-style as the Intel coolers, which are kinda tough... Other than that, you just gotta make sure you have everything seated tightly, and all the power connectors hooked up to the right connections. I've only built 2 myself, but they were both quite easy and fun to do.

agreed, and steve, im sure you know this and have heard it before, just take your time, don't take shortcuts and it will post first try :D

Agreed with Peter. Only really "difficult" parts are finding out which front panel headers are which (which can be found out by looking at the motherboard manual), and then matching them up to the case's header wires. Getting the heatsink/fan mounted for me was difficult because I had the AF7, which has the same clip-style as the Intel coolers, which are kinda tough... Other than that, you just gotta make sure you have everything seated tightly, and all the power connectors hooked up to the right connections. I've only built 2 myself, but they were both quite easy and fun to do.

how was the bios set up for you i have never done anything in bios before thats what i dont know what to do

i also had a lot of problems re-installing xp on a system, it happily cleaned the hdd but i could not do the partition so

thats the 2 things i would be stuck on

well you don't need to do anything in the bios unless your overclocking, or setting up the boot order, which on most boards is a separate option.

as far as installing xp, thats probably the least of your worries, just follow the directions. you don't really need to worry about making a windows partition, just install it on your drive, make sure you format your drive first, and then it will install and you'll be golden.

no prob. if you get into it and you have any doubts in your ability to do something, stop working, and hop online and post your question. and i speak from experience. when i was putting together my first pc i wasn't sure how to put on thermal grease, but i thought too much was better then too little so i put enough on to comfort myself, and it turned out that i fried my mobo.

no prob. if you get into it and you have any doubts in your ability to do something, stop working, and hop online and post your question. and i speak from experience. when i was putting together my first pc i wasn't sure how to put on thermal grease, but i thought too much was better then too little so i put enough on to comfort myself, and it turned out that i fried my mobo.

:eek: what a comforting post

well to little is bad but to much is to well something to remember for when i build

the thing is with me is i worry to much and specially with the money i will put into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom