bluescreen when restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
o sorry guys...heres what it says

An exception 06 has occurred at 0027:00000017 in VxD ---. This was called from 0028:C14C7B2A in VxD VTDI(01) + 000000BA. It may be possible to continue normally.

when i press a key, sometimes it would restart but sometimes it would go to this black screen with all these dots.

once again, sorry about the picture

VxD's are usually related to virtual drivers (which acts a translator between your hardware and driver software). Although it doesn't always mean that it's a driver related issue. I have heard about various VxD erros that have been caused by McAffee and various other software as well.

Did you install/Uninstall any software or driver before this prob. occurred?

Closest match I could find at MSKB that relates to your situation was this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=194536

well it could be my cable modem. i just got it but it wouldnt work on windows 98 for some reason. so this guy put in a cd and had a registry file on it. he ran that and then the modem started working. but seeing as how i reformated and still have the problem, i dont think its that.

I wish i was more knowledgeble about this to help you further. Maybe one of hte Mods will have some ideas.

okay, before it boots up does it say ANYTHING in the Dos looking screen stating unable to find whatever_file_it_says.vxd? Then, it goes to this screen? Did you reinstall the modem and such after the format? Should of waited to install the modem after the format to see if it functioned normally THEN installed the modem and its software. If so, you maybe seeing something like unable to locate or these files could not be found and you might see vnetsup.vxd, vredir.vxd, and some others. If you do, please post it.

oh... nevermind, I see it now... using a cyrix? sounds MBD related. May need to check for chipset and controller drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom