New PC - where to buy UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer Supplies from Novatech

if you live in near portsmouth, bristol and somewhere else you can go to there shops

lol vaanish

oh you may be looking at an AMD system :) i live in chichester which is nearish to dorset my dad works there though for a company called Hamworthy Heating :p

All links welcome!

I've got some time off work so would like to sort my Pc out in the next couple of weeks. I don't mind building it myself but would have to order the parts quite quickly.

I'm kind of leaning toward buy the bits and building it myself.

Thanks Vaanish, I will go and look through some more threads and see if I can put a kit list together.

I've come up with the following:

Any comments welcome.

All from Komplett - System built by Komplett

105353 PC box
336277 Gigabyte Triton 180 Black
337116 AXP Powersupply ATX 630W Retail SLI,
334476 Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R, P35, Socket-775,
330169 Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
335237 Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4DHX DDR2, 2048MB
342975 Point of View GeForce 8800GT 512MB,DDR3
327715 Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2
343919 NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7200A, IDE,
330707 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng
333430 Logitech G5 Laser Mouse 2007,
336796 Epson Stylus D92, 25ppm,

£823 + £ 7 delivery.

Komplett.co.uk

Any comments welcome

Thanks

PS Links to the bits here (except graphics card which was only available on the Cudtomise (expert) option.

Komplett.co.uk

I would reccomend these Web-Systems Online
Good Luck! :)

you sure, they do not even sell PC6400 ram, and also have no brand choice bar Kingston. Again with the graphics cards, brand choice of Sparkle and Xpertvision, hardly the best quality brand out there. No GTX or Ultra at all.

Power supplies available are not of any good brands such as Thermaltake, Corsair etc. NO after market cooling options available at all that i can see.

Not sure whether the OS can be bought in 32 and 64bit options, it doesn't mention them. Monitors almost no choice, only one 22" and one 19" monitor even available, both by Yuraku, not a bad brand but there's no Samsung or anything.

Basically for a non-gaming computer that site is probably ok but it doesn't seem to be designed for people who want to make a custom built rig, using brands of their choice, etc.

More of a small one shop company.

Didnt mean to rip it apart.. lol.

As slashnmash says, you should really build it yourself (i.e. put the PC together with your hands) you would save lots of money and get self-satisfaction out of doing it.

Yh, they are a local shop, the type of people you nip in and say "can you get me one of those?". Not sure where abouts you are in the UK, ;), i posted the link so you could check out if they had a shop near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom