Erm. Penyrn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 45nm cpus are supposed to be out sometime this month from what I heard from intel. They are holding off on a few but from what I understand they should be out rather soon. There is one out right now I thnk it is the yorky proc. Other than that I thnk thats all thats currently out. The yorky is just a little bit steep in price, just a little...

the 45nm cpus are supposed to be out sometime this month from what I heard from intel. They are holding off on a few but from what I understand they should be out rather soon. There is one out right now I thnk it is the yorky proc. Other than that I thnk thats all thats currently out. The yorky is just a little bit steep in price, just a little...

the yorkfield they have out (qx9750) is a 45nm cpu. and what they are gonna do is wait for AMD to release the final phenoms, and just drive them off the quad platform. also the yorkfield they have out now is steep in price because its the only one of the 45nm tech they have "available" and there will always be people who want the best of the best and will buy it. once they release more of the q9xxx series the price for the one now will drop.

also its the Extreme Edition of the q9xxx series so it has the unlocked multiplier which they sell for more.

Also if you think the 40 nm chips are cool when an itel rep came to our store he mentioned that there working on 30nm to release in like 09 I think. From what the intel rep said the 45nm cpus should be the same price or around the same price as the current ones. Which MIGHT and he said might lead to a price drop in the 65nm chips.

well if you can get a 8800GT for the same price as a 7950GT then why would you even consider getting the 7950? its the same idea, the 8800GT is the step up in architecture from the 7950, and it applies to cpus. if 30nm tech and 45nm tech are the same price and around the same speeds, nobody would buy the 45nm except to be different and stupid.

which is why it really does make sense to be "one step behind" the curve cause you won't have the best stuff, but it will be generally pretty cheap.

I am sorry I meant when the 45nm chips hit from the 65 we have now. Sometime this month the prices should be close to the ones we already have. I understand the stupity of it I felt the same way when the intel rep said that. Why would you pay the same to get a 65nm chip when you can get a new better chip for the same price. Rather stupid if you ask me. The 30nm that I was talking about all I know is that it should be out sometime next year or so, thats about all we were told.

well right, its the same concept, i was just applying it to what you said earlier about the qx9750 being 1100 bucks, and how once the 30nm hits it will probably be around 400-500 maybe.

Also if you think the 40 nm chips are cool when an itel rep came to our store he mentioned that there working on 30nm to release in like 09 I think. From what the intel rep said the 45nm cpus should be the same price or around the same price as the current ones. Which MIGHT and he said might lead to a price drop in the 65nm chips.

i'd probably say 2011 because Intel tends to alternate architecture and die-shrink improvements on roughly 2 year cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom