Should Switch to VISTA or not ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. Lol.

Im having enough trouble getting rid of it. =\

I hate how it comes pre installed, and they dont give me an option for XP when I first purchase my laptop.

It's like giving me what I want, with a catch.

Absolutely not. Lol.

Im having enough trouble getting rid of it. =\

I hate how it comes pre installed, and they dont give me an option for XP when I first purchase my laptop.

It's like giving me what I want, with a catch.

Just because you are having your problems with it doesnt mean other members here wont like it. You are solely basing your opinion on the fact you dont like Vista. Many members here like it and have used it for a long period of time and provided much detailed info to make a decision based off of facts not opinions.;)

Well, I do recommend using Windows Vista OS since of it's new features.

Parental Controls
View, Edit And Organize Pictures
Keep Devices In Sync
Newer And Quicker Search System
Also Windows Media Centre

My laptop came with Vista. It ran okay after I gave it 5 minutes to fully boot up and settle down. But running 2 or more applications at once seemed to confuse the ever loving **** out of it.

I downgraded to XP Pro SP2 last night. I've done more last night with the incredible speed boost XP offers with multitasking than I've done for the month I've had the laptop with trying to tolerate Vista with it.

I'm running a dual core 64 Turion AMD processor, 2gb of RAM, 128mb (shared to 319mb) graphics card. It's a good laptop to run Vista on, so I don't know why I had the slowness I had.

Vista isn't bad, though... it just needs some help yet. I personally won't touch it again until SP1 is out... and even then I'll have to wait and see to decide whether I'll switch back over. But for the time being, I just can't possibly fathom using Vista when there's a more practical two lettered solution right here in front of me.

"XP"

:)

Again this comes from someone who has had issue with Vista originally. You have had issues with Vista since you got it and tried to make it do what you wanted but couldnt figure out how. I have a laptop with a AMD TL56 CPU and 1GB of RAM and it runs Vista jsut fine. No issues. It loads in a minute and runs everything from Outlook to IE to WMP with no lag at all.

It is a personal preference when you talk about speed. Some people are happy with Vista and dont mind waiting the extra minute or so comapred to XP. Trying to say Vista is slow is relative. I can give you a system which would make XP slow as well but work great with Windows 98. So trying to say Vista is slow is no real comparison when you can do that with any OS ever made.

As i have ALREADY stated. Vista SP1 is not going to give users what they want. It will not make Vista as fast as XP. It will not give people the performance they want. VISTA IS NOT XP!!!! 2 different sets of code. 2 Different OS's. If people think that that SP1 will give them some kind of massive speed boost you ahve another thing coming.

I bought a pc with vista!

Seriously worst mistake of my life no offence to people with XP.

I need Xp desperately and i reli want to go to xp. Were could I get an XP disc from for cheap. I know loads of people have copys if so were can i get one from. Probarbly shouldn't be saying this lol

Geez, Makaveli, you sure like Vista, don't ya bud? ;)

Looks like I'm sticking to XP for all eternity...
No i dont use Vista right now to be honest. I just hate all the lies that are spread about it when i know for a fact that they are not true. All these news articels are written to just get attention. Everyone wants you to THINK that Vista is so bad. Thinking that maybe it will drive M$ to pull it. Wont happen. Cause in point the posted below you.

I bought a pc with vista!

Seriously worst mistake of my life no offence to people with XP.

I need Xp desperately and i reli want to go to xp. Were could I get an XP disc from for cheap. I know loads of people have copys if so were can i get one from. Probarbly shouldn't be saying this lol
Yet again another person with no knowledge or experience with Vista. When will it ever stop.

Check your local torrent site. Good luck with a serial though. Either that or XP is still available till June. Buy it. Since you just bought the PC you should have enough money to get a $80 piece of software.

I recently bought a laptop with vista preinstalled
I gave it a chance but i hated it and put xp on it

dont do it, not yet at least

I know Vista is a solid OS, Makaveli. But the bottom line is, in a lot of cases currently out there right now... does it work? Sure, maybe it's a problem with Vista, it's not perfect. Maybe it's a driver problem, we all know they can suck too.

But the bottom line is, if it doesn't work... it doesn't work. Some people need an OS to be efficient and productive, and whether it's a driver issue or OS issue, if Vista can't provide the needed performance, then why bother??

I just talked to the IT Director at the local high school, where I just recently acquired an internship. I asked him out of curiosity what all Windows machines are running, he said XP. I said any sign of Vista in the future? He said oh no no no. He said I'll make sure all of the machines we buy in the future are Vista ready, with a minimal of 2gb of RAM, however I refuse to be the one to dive into Vista right now. No way. It needs more time.

Decent OS. High potential. **** poor status right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom