An odd question, about keyboards with "extra keys," no I don't mean those media keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

Beta member
I was just wondering if there's any secondary keyboards with special keys, or better yet, some kind of programmable keyboard. I want to be able to type stuff like the cent sign (¢), the yen symbol (¥), the pound symbol (£), the degree sign (°), the division sign (÷), etc. without going to the Character Map or using Alt+Numpad codes. Is there any keyboard with these, or a programmable keyboard through which this is possible?

Thanks.

Re: An odd question, about keyboards with "extra keys," no I don't mean those media k

Yes there are programmable keyboards but they are costly.

Re: An odd question, about keyboards with "extra keys," no I don't mean those media k

Wow, that's almost $100 USD, I've seen some others get up to 300. Why are they so expensive? I have seen some others for cheaper, like this 20 key one for $21, Product Preview
and this 60-key one for $10 + shiping, http://www.smcelectronics.com/EM10.JPG

Although I have no idea how good they are or how they work.

Does anyone know of any cheaper ones other than these?

Or, could you not just hook two keyboards to the system, and use some software to reassign the keys of one of the keyboards? If so, anyone know what kind of software would do that?

eh well i heard that G15 keyboard is really good, the LCD screen also tells you information about games your playing or something, and i think you can set it to tel you other stuff, core temps maybe?( not sure though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom