Computer requirements for Emulators..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wasn't emplying Game Cube was more powerful at all. I'm suprised there aren't emulators yet. I'm sure with enough searching you'll find some betas for Xbox and Wii. However I have an Xbox 360 and am looking for a Wii. I mainly want to try it out just for fun and to test out my system. The GameCube and PS2 probably are buggy, but again i'm sure you can find a good one somewhere. I'll do some searching tonight and see what I can find. Also you'd know why I need 4+Gigs of ram if you saw my requirements for this system. Not to worry though it doesn't matter right now. And Yes I'll be using Vista OP 64bit.

There are no Xbox 360 Emulators. The Wii one will likely be very poor indeed. Ps2 ones only run a handful of games and they are awfully slow without a C2D or Athlon X2 (and even then they are still slow). Dont get 8GB of RAM you would be ripping yourself off and you would pretty much never use even 4 gigs of it.

Well I'm sure many of you guys have messed with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 Emulators. Well on my old computer I ran a 512 ATI Radeon 1950 Graphics with 2 gigs of ram and an AMD x2 Dual 4200. The Nintendo Game cube emulator ran incredibly slow and couldn't handle the graphics. (Tried to play Super Smash Brothers)

My new computer has an Intel Q6600, 8 gigs of ram (Probably 4 to start), and two EVGA 8800GT sli Video Cards.

I was wondering what my computer could handle as for emulators. If I went out searching could my new PC which is top of the line handle an Xbox or possible an Xbox 360/Wii? Could it even handle a Nintendo Game Cube?

I'm sure with enough searching I can find the emulators and eventually some games. I just don't know if it'll be worth it. Let me know what you think.

Randy

You're looking at this the wrong way. An X2 4200+ with 2GB of RAM and a 512MB X1950 could emulate a GameCube fine, if it was possible at this point in time to emulate GameCubes.

The current GameCube emulators are still in pre-Alpha stages. They are still being worked on and they've got a lot more work to do. It won't be years, probably 2010 or 2011 until we can emulate the GameCube at decent framerates. Nintendo 64 emulation is still buggy and the N64 has been out for how many years? GameCubes are like 60 bucks now, and the Wii plays GameCube games too.

Ah wow I didn't realize emulators took so much work to get setup. I thought it was easier, but then again not a clue how it works.

You do realize that a computer pretty much has to process the weird wacky antics of some of the weirdest CPU architectures found in such things as the PS2 and the GameCube. You need a computer that is at least 3 or 4 generations ahead of the console in question to emulate something smoothly with no problems. PS2 emulation is particularly buggy and well, you can buy the games and the game system for super cheap, so, you might as well just get the system itself.

I mean, XP has a hard time as it is emulating DOS for games and that's why there's some pretty wacky compatibility issues with old DOS games that require some heavy tweaking with an extensive emulator like DosBOX that always you to set frame skipping values and processing cycles to get a playable framerates.

I use this analogy for emulators. Imagine you are a guitar player, now imagine you had a hand-puppet device with fingers and joints and such, and you had to play guitar with that hand-puppet contraption. It'd be pretty hard.

I see, so consoles and computers pretty much do the same things, but the hardware is totally different and unique to each. That makes since as obviously Microsoft doesn't want people playing Halo 3 on their computer. I guess you learn something new every day. I can afford the systems etc... with no problems, but I like to have fun putting it all into one build. Maybe I could mod up a console and stick it in my computer. haha. (Not really as obviously I know near to nothing)

what are some decent ps2 emulators out right now? and is it illegal if you own the system and the games.
my gf has a ps and games but she wants to play it on her laptop since her nieces are always on it.
her laptop specs are 1.6 c2d 2gb ram and x1400pro mobility radeon..

When n64 emulators first came out and i got one i almost cried... It was so laggy on my intel celeron and 256 ram + intergrated graphics card

I dont even bother with ps2 emulators... lol because all those games came out for the PC anyways... all the gta games were just put on steam actually...

well can anyone guide me in how to use one?
i got the bios and everything and it loaded but it was on th ps2 screen, the cd wouldnt load.
i could just enter into the menory card and system config...any help would be appreciated. Im just trying to do this for my gf, so i hope anyone can help.
thanks.

I have tried a ps1 emulator and it was pants. The different architecture just makes it too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom