9800 GX2 - ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Basically evga will credit you what you PAID for your card towards the MSRP of the new card. The more i hear about nvida being *****es and holding their new cards back, the more im glad i bought 2 gts 512.

true dat. I'm glad i went with EVGA so i dont need to kick myself when nvidia releases cheaper, higher end video cards after i just bought mine

what I'll do is Upgrade to Nehalem and go 10k series

I just remembered something about 10k series:

Or add some more letters to make it more difficult to spell and read. Like GeForce 10KGTXX, 10KGTXUltra, 10KGTMax, and 10KGTMaxiPad w/wings Special Editon...lol..
lol maxi pad special edition... so i guess thats the best then?
It's the Super Ultimatum Megaclocked Watercooled xXx Edition, that prevents leaks (If you know what the maxi pads do).....heh...

And you pay 200% for a .098% performance increase....pretty good deal...huh?

I bet you some nut case with a bag of money, will buy it.

^^You can't just point to one person and say "haha you were wrong!"

A lot of people thought that the 9800 would be really fast. And to be honest, this shouldn't even be a 9-series card in my opinion. I think it should be the 8800 GX2, because it's just 2 G92 GTS cards in a one card package... it isn't really a new generation of cards.

When people said that the 9800 would be really really fast, they assumed that it would be a new generation with new architechture, not a rehash of current gen hardware.

bingo ^^ i never believed 9 series would be twice as fast. thats just stupid. but i did and still do expect (hope) for a 50% increase over the ultra.

i'll be waiting for the real deal and not a fake 9800 ;p and if.. retardedly, that Is the real deal. I may as well keep what I have and save myself the headache. XD

edit~ LOL vern!!!!!!!!!

Well if this card overclocks well then I can see it going up to 150% performance of an Ultra or possibly even higher.

If this card can play Crysis on max settings, then I can already see the conversations:

"Daddy, where does the sea come from?"

"The Sea? Why it's people drooling over the 9800GX2, son."

Well if this card overclocks well then I can see it going up to 150% performance of an Ultra or possibly even higher.

If this card can play Crysis on max settings, then I can already see the conversations:

"Daddy, where does the sea come from?"

"The Sea? Why it's people drooling over the 9800GX2, son."

if it does max out Crysis (which wouldn't be a shock) people wouldn't care, I've seen a lot of Crysis haters

Many cards can max out crysis. Maybe your saying with decent frame rates?
Maxed out with a fps of 50 or greater?? Ok then, thats something to write home about..

I can max everything out with the custom graphics file, 16Q AA, 1440X900, 20-25 FPS.
Not that great by any stretch of the imagination.

Many cards can max out crysis. Maybe your saying with decent frame rates?
Maxed out with a fps of 50 or greater?? Ok then, thats something to write home about..

I can max everything out with the custom graphics file, 16Q AA, 1440X900, 20-25 FPS.
Not that great by any stretch of the imagination.

I meant max out with great frame rates and at a good resolution, not the sub-30's that everyone with high end systems are currently getting. If nvidia makes a GPU that will max out Crysis at 1920x1200 with at least 40-45 fps, I would definitely buy it, and I wouldn't upgrade for quite some time.

Well, Max resolution is moniter dependant...
<19' Viewsonic widescreen max res of 1440 X 900.... So its maxed settings for me..

I see where you are coming from, but a lot of high end users have higher resolutions like 1680x1050 and 1920x1200, which is what I'll be upgrading to soon. It's what makes spending half a grand on a GPU worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom