large monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, an ultra would have a hard time keeping up high FPS on a 28" on modern games like Cod4 and crysis

I'm pretty sure he'd watch movies on the big screen and gaming on the other, because the reciprocal is just... suicidal for your video card

I'm pretty sure he'd watch movies on the big screen and gaming on the other, because the reciprocal is just... suicidal for your video card

ya but even at that, the second monitor runs at 1680x1050, thats still a lot for a 8800Gt to handle, especially on newer games....

I still dont think it would be possible to run a movie on a 28" while playing a game. Thats a lot for your comp to handle. Unless of course you have a monster of a computer

ok. is there anything in the 28+ range that can game and make it look nice? even if its just a single monitor, no dualscreen. Or am i stuck to my 22.

we're saying its suicidal because of the giant resolution, only solution to that is either SLi or Crossfire, low settings or low resolution or crappier resolution monitor

i wanted a big monitor to play games on, but didnt want to go SLI ultras for it to run smoothly, so i went with a 32" 720p LCD tv. You should consider a 27"-30" 720p (1360x768) for gaming if you plan on using a 8800GT because you could run most games on high settings with that monitor/GPU combo.

Do you play games like cod4 on this monitor? If so, does cod4 look good and not crappy at the lower res?

Ahh ok thanks guys anyway, i was typing the last post while you guys posted.

I dont have the money for sli, so i looks like im stuck to my 226bw

Do you play games like cod4 on this monitor? If so, does cod4 look good and not crappy at the lower res?

i play crysis on ultra high settings, and the game looks amazing. I am however, using a 8800GTS 512mb. You should achieve high settings no problem with some minor overclocking. 1360x768 is a really good resolution, and it wont disappoint. By no means is it a low resolution, but in comparison 1920x1200 looks much better. you just need a lot more horsepower to run it.

your best bet would be to find a friend who has a 28-32" LCD tv with 720p naitive reso and hook your comp up to it. Play a game or two and see how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom