large monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gt can handle a 28 and 22. A 28 is going to have the same resolution as a 24 and 22 the same as a 20. I run a 24/20 setup and my gt had no issues with it.

didn't you also buy another Video Card like a PCI one or something for your big monitor so it doesn't get blasted in games? or was that some1 else

Nah, i run 3 cards so that i can have SLI turned on and run my 2nd monitor at the same time. But right now im just using a single card because this motherboard is a hunk of giant fecal matter and sucks at both using SLI and only has 2 pci-e slots.

Nah, i run 3 cards so that i can have SLI turned on and run my 2nd monitor at the same time. But right now im just using a single card because this motherboard is a hunk of giant fecal matter and sucks at both using SLI and only has 2 pci-e slots.

Newegg.com - ABIT Fatal1ty F-I90HD LGA 775 ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

are you talking about that board by any chance?

btw Veedub, do you still have one of those 8800gt's or 8800gts 320mb's you have before? because I may buy one...

i have that pci one in a htpc, but yea i could move it back into this one, infact thats a **** good idea! That didnt even occur to me!

OK, thanks guys,
one last thing, would this monitor handle gaming like cod4 and such?

you could have an old school 15" CRT monitor and it would handle cod4. A monitor isnt part of a system requirement, the video able to support the monitors naitive resolution and play at it is.

if your talking about that 28lcd @ 1920x1200 then probably no. This is a case were you would need SLI. You would have to turn down your graphics settings considerable to play a newer game at those resolutions. Or just lower your resolution, but that will distort your monitor.

Why get a 28"lcd 1920x1200 resolution monitor? i wanted a big monitor to play games on, but didnt want to go SLI ultras for it to run smoothly, so i went with a 32" 720p LCD tv. You should consider a 27"-30" 720p (1360x768) for gaming if you plan on using a 8800GT because you could run most games on high settings with that monitor/GPU combo.

why do u want to play a game and watch a movie anyway. You going to be doing one or the other. Ur not gona be playing crysis and trying to watch bambi on the other monitor lol. Why go with a 28', either go with another 22 or a 27 to 32 tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom