9800 GX2 - ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

so um wheres that guy who was claiming the 9800 would be 2x faster then the 8800 Ultra...30% is a BIG differance compared to 200%

so um wheres that guy who was claiming the 9800 would be 2x faster then the 8800 Ultra...30% is a BIG differance compared to 200%

technically its 130% performance... haha :)

but isn't supposed to have 1 Teraflop and all that hoota-hatta?

30% INCREASE

130% "Performance"

This would be nearly 90% faster than a single GTS.

30% INCREASE

130% "Performance"

This would be nearly 90% faster than a single GTS.

I meant 130% of the 8800Ultra...

30% Increase or 130% of its performance (100% representing stock speed of 8800Ultra)

its funny it wasn't just a single guy, I recall COUNTLESS people claiming everyone to wait for the 9800 since it will be 2x faster then an 8800...just shows you what a load of bull people believe in and they like to make up their own ridiculous numbers

if I wasnt too lazy I would actually go back and find that post and start calling out some names...but you people know who you are...

^^You can't just point to one person and say "haha you were wrong!"

A lot of people thought that the 9800 would be really fast. And to be honest, this shouldn't even be a 9-series card in my opinion. I think it should be the 8800 GX2, because it's just 2 G92 GTS cards in a one card package... it isn't really a new generation of cards.

When people said that the 9800 would be really really fast, they assumed that it would be a new generation with new architechture, not a rehash of current gen hardware.

ya.. I'm kinda disappointed with it, but for $430 I'm happy its cheap..

So if I bought my 8800GT $290 from Newegg and I step up to the $450 9800, will they subtract the full retail price making it only $160 for me, or do they marginally decrease the value of my 8800GT since it's been used to like $250 or $200?

So if I bought my 8800GT $290 from Newegg and I step up to the $450 9800, will they subtract the full retail price making it only $160 for me, or do they marginally decrease the value of my 8800GT since it's been used to like $250 or $200?

It should be the retail price that you bought your GT for, thats the incentive to use step up.

As for people saying that the 9800 would be 2x faster then the ultra, i recall numerous post made by people who quoted statements made by Nvidia that their new lineup of cards ( the 9800) would be much faster then the 8800 series. granted they never gave a numerical value, but that was before ATI dropped out of the enthusiast's race.

I dont care what they call this new card, the naming scheme has been so messed up lately that i've gotten used to it. Realistically the G92 cores were supposed to be the GPU's used in the 9800 series to begin with were they not?

Basically evga will credit you what you PAID for your card towards the MSRP of the new card. The more i hear about nvida being *****es and holding their new cards back, the more im glad i bought 2 gts 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom