newbie help with LCD tvs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm completely neutral and find the hd/bd fans amusing...go to one forum someone will claim HDdvd is dead...go to another and everyone is buying hddvd players and they hate BD, lol

I need to buy me some dvds...but saw one that will be released only on HDdvd...much like Pirates of the Caribbean is BD only I think?

More studios
Scratch Resistant Discs
50GB per disc
Higher Read/write Speeds
More audio/video Bandwith
BD-j
CONFIRMED WORKING 100GB discs
Better Movies

neither has one yet, there both about even, its looking better for hddvd though because blueray players are more exspensive and the bluray discs are more exspensive also, so i think hddvd will win

neither has one yet, there both about even, its looking better for hddvd though because blueray players are more exspensive and the bluray discs are more exspensive also, so i think hddvd will win

Have you been following the Format War? Only maker of HDDVD players is Toshiba whp priced them way too low for other Manufactures to get in on the hardware(while taking loses). I agree Blu-ray discs are more expensive atm, for blank media(but it has to be since there is no HD DVD blank media around anywhere, and BD-R prices have dropped 50% already) More Manufacturers make BD players, and each quarter Players are coming down in price. While Toshiba keeps taking loses, and that 150 Million dollar PM/DW buyout didn't help at all.

HDDuD is dead just look atthe studios

Blu-ray:Sony Pictures,Disney/Buena Vista,Fox and Warner Brothers/New Line,MGM

HDDuD:Universal,Paramount/Dreamworks(exclusivity ends in 13 months;but the war will be over by then)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom