9800 GX2 - ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Middle East Gamers - PC - News - More New Pics of Nvidia 9800GX2

Someone on another thread posted that link with more pics of the card...

For the record I think this card is almost as ugly as a GTS 512. I mean wow it just looks like an old clunky piece of junk. Nvidia may be the leader in performance but I think AMD's cards have a better aesthetic design. Also, from what I can ascertain by looking at this pic:
11995699172.jpg

It looks like it not only has dual DVI but also HDMI out and optical audio out.

And here it is in dual card mode, effectively quad-SLi, which I guess they're bringing back now?
11995699174.jpg

I think its not, after perusing a picture of a 7950gx2 on Google Images, I'm thinking Tom's Hardware made a typo

that price doesnt make sense though...unless they plan to drop the price for every card.
why would someone get an ultra when you get get a card better than it for cheaper...
i would step up to it for sure if its that price though...

haha they do things in mysterious ways, when the 8800GT came out, the prices for 320 and 640 GTS's were still up in the 300's, so it's not that impossible.

Middle East Gamers - PC - News - More New Pics of Nvidia 9800GX2

Someone on another thread posted that link with more pics of the card...

For the record I think this card is almost as ugly as a GTS 512. I mean wow it just looks like an old clunky piece of junk. Nvidia may be the leader in performance but I think AMD's cards have a better aesthetic design. Also, from what I can ascertain by looking at this pic:
11995699172.jpg

It looks like it not only has dual DVI but also HDMI out and optical audio out.

And here it is in dual card mode, effectively quad-SLi, which I guess they're bringing back now?
11995699174.jpg

You know when first held my 8800GTS 512mb, i thought wow, this card is ugly, then i thought " so what?" and threw it in my comp, havent seen it since.

The GX2 could be the UGLIEST card in history, but with HDMI ( i currently use a HDMI-DVI connector, so it makes my life easier) and 30% more performance over an ultra for 2/3rds the price, i really couldnt care less.

One question though, why the optical?

Why does everyone hate on the gts 512. I think it looks pretty sweet.

I think the gx2 looks tight actually. Dual dvi, hdmi and optical out? im not a fan of dual slot cards but if i can get it for a good price i may pick one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom