Ok GPU's and PSU's?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneblot

Baseband Member
Two questions which of these two GPU's is a better GPU?

Asus Extreme 8800GT 512MB

or

EVGA GEFORCE 8800 GT 512MB

Also which of these PSU's is the better PSU?

Coolermaster eXtreme Power 650W PSU ATX Form Factor

or

Thermaltake Toughpower 650Watt ATX Power Supply

Please Help

You can save your money, and get the EVGA. In my opinion, the more reputable company for Nvidia graphic cards. And just overclock the core to 700, which is very easy to do.

I agree with the TT Toughpower.

If anything ever happens to the card, evga is going to treat you better than asus. Also you get a lifetime warranty on the evga and can stepup within 90 days

What do you mean you can step up within 90 days?

The step up within 90 days, means that within 90 days of your purchase of an EVGA graphic card, you can upgrade to a higher model. You just have to pay the price difference between the two. Note that the price difference comes from the MSRP of the product, and not the retail price. Or so I've heard....

I look at the EVGA stock 8800 GT 512Mb and the ASUS 8800GT TOP 512MB. The ASUS is slightly cheaper then the EVGA, also the stepup factor dosen't bother me but the lifetime warrenty is interesting as I haven't found the same offer on the ASUS. The ASUS also out performs the EVGA Superclocked 8800 GT 512 version.

Try and not pay attention to the superclocked versions. Those are simply a marketing gimmick. You can overclock it yourself and and the life warranty is simply a reason to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom