vista or xp for buisness

Status
Not open for further replies.

servo.tsc

In Runtime
Good day.. i am about to begin a refresh of the computers at my business. I have 50 5 year old Acer p4's that are on their last leg. I am going to replace them in coming months. The question has come up should we go with Vista or Xp Pro on the new machines. Price is not that big an issue it's only about a difference of $100.
Thank you
Howard

Well if you are going with XP get them now. They wont be selling them after June.

As for which you should go with. That is up to you. Just remember going with Vista will also require some training for the staff as it is not XP and will require some training to use correctly.

Ok sounds like to make my life easiest I should go XP Pro and worry about Vista in a few years.

Honestly i think that is the safest bet right now. Espically for a business. Vista is good for a home PC where you take the time to learn it. But in a business enviroment it would be better to stick with what people know.

I am planning to get HP computers with XP Pro. I will hold off but will ensure they are Vista capable just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom