large monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
large monitor and graphics card compatibility

Im thinking of getting a 28inch lcd, ontop of my 226bw and three 15's. I would make it 28, 226bw, then two 15's if i can, but if not 15's its no biggie. Thereare two problems though. First off, can a 512gt even hold a 28inch lcd and 226bw enough to game? (i guess i could disable one and run off the other when gaming)

This is the monitor im looking at:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
It runs at 1920x1200.

Also, if i wanted to watch a movie and game at the same time, is that possible? right now, once i boot up a game, the video goes black while audio stays on.

Thanks so much,
-taintedplay
EDIT: Is there any better monitors for the same price aprox?

well, it seems to have good reviews, just not many plugins and such. Only one hdmi and one vga.

Re: large monitor and graphics card compatibility

Im thinking of getting a 28inch lcd, ontop of my 226bw and three 15's. I would make it 28, 226bw, then two 15's if i can, but if not 15's its no biggie. Thereare two problems though. First off, can a 512gt even hold a 28inch lcd and 226bw enough to game? (i guess i could disable one and run off the other when gaming)

This is the monitor im looking at:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
It runs at 1920x1200.

Also, if i wanted to watch a movie and game at the same time, is that possible? right now, once i boot up a game, the video goes black while audio stays on.

Thanks so much,
-taintedplay
EDIT: Is there any better monitors for the same price aprox?

yes u can, i dont use multiple monitors but i know my friend does... somehow you drag the movie into the other window, start up the game, then maybe the other monitor will go black, so what you do is minimize the game and than reclick on that movie and then go back into the game
and than it should display the movie, u just have to go back to your desktop to change anything with the movie....

If that doesnt work google it, i know u can

k i sent in my old 8800gts 320mb and my 512gt is coming in in a week. There is a good deal on this monitor i can get, i just need to know if the 8800gt can run both a 226bw at 1680x1050 and this at 1920x1200 at the same time, while gaming on one. Anyone know?

Also will i need a tv tuner to watch tv on it?

sorry, but bump.

Would the hannsG do everything the 226bw i have can do? Would i be better off selling the 226bw to help afford the HannsG?

Can i run both at the same time on a eVGA 512mb GT? And game on one while the other plays a movie?

A gt can handle a 28 and 22. A 28 is going to have the same resolution as a 24 and 22 the same as a 20. I run a 24/20 setup and my gt had no issues with it.

That seems a little farfetched to have a game running at 1920x1200 and a monitor playing a movie at 1680x1050 unless your game is running on the abosolute lowest settings...especially if its a newer game.

Vernong is right, you can have both monitors running off one vid card no problem. I used to have my 32" and 19" hooked up to a 1650 pro, tried using the 32" to play games and my 19" to manage the music and MSN, but it never worked properly.

I would do a lot of research on this topid before buying more monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom