Help with picking a HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
I just need some recommendations. I just had to delete a game to make room for COD4. I have been using an 80GB SATA drive from my last computer, but that is not sufficient enough with Crysis, COD4, HL2, CS:S, TF2, and GH3 all installed. I don't even have any space for music or videos, just about 8 CDs backed up right now.

Anyways. Somewhere between 250 and 500 GB is what I am looking for but I have been looking at the Raptors also. I want to spend between $100 and $200.

Also, I would like to transfer everything on my 80GB over to the new one.....I have never done this. What is the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way?

as far as transffering goes, not sure there is a way that wont make you want to stab somebody... but it would be fastest to just install all the games again. For music, if you have a large flashdrive, depending on hoe much music you got that isnt on a CD already, that would work.

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

its a great HD. Very reliable, fairly large, will definately hold all of your space needs for a while. its also FAST. The raptors are fairly old and the 7200.11 is fairly new. I think you will be VERY happy with this HD.

in my opinion the raptors are overpriced and overhyped.

EDIT: peter beat me :(... anyways, get that HD, its great.

I will definately consider that one. I bought a Seagate Barracuda in 2005 for an Operating Systems class and it was terrible. We had to use IDE HDDs in that class so it wasn't a SATA.......but I was always waiting for the **** thing to format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom