SLI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopy2nds

Baseband Member
right now i have a xfx 8800 gts extreme that was factory oced to 580 core 900 mem and 1300 shader. if i wanted to buy another used one that people are gonna sell when the new nvidia cards come out and sli with with my current. do i need to make sure its the same clock speeds or can i get one with different clock speeds?

thanks

i beleive that it will just put the clock of ur Oc'ed one down to the reg one to meet the other card... unless u OC them both.

but it will work as long as u got the same card.

i beleive that it will just put the clock of ur Oc'ed one down to the reg one to meet the other card... unless u OC them both.

but it will work as long as u got the same card.

yep, it'll scale lower clocked card, but as said a minor overclock can fix that ;)

I wonder if you can put a 8800gts 320mb and an 8800gts 640mb together, because it is the same card, just different memory amounts

ic well anyone plan on selling a 8800 gts 640 thats not been heavy oced or modded once the new cards come out? and thx mark and vernong

To be honest...i would just sell your gts 640 and buy a gts 512 and stick with a single card solution. A single GTS 512 can play every game on the market at 1920x1200 and max settings other than crysis, and crysis doesnt support SLI. I have a SLI setup with 2 GTS 512s and i'm about ready to sell my 2nd card because theres no reason to have 2.

u guys think my 520hx can handle another 8800gts 640mb? i've seen prices on ebay for them getting lower, some of them are at the 200 mark...which is fairly cheap...my only worry is the 520w psu and 8x sli instead of 16x

think u might be pushing it a lil, i no it wouldnt work with a gtx but i think 640mb still be pushing it. those psus have good amount of amps so might be ok im not sure,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom