Dell latitude c610 ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradlays

Baseband Member
So I wanted to upgrade my ram on my dell latitude c610 to 640mb or 1gb (currently only have 256mb) but when I asked a question on answers.yahoo.com I was told that it would be a waist of time.

This is what the guy said

Liam W said:
really wouldnt bother,
buy a new laptop

the processor is only a 1.2ghz pentium 3

ram is a waste of time becuase your procesor is so slow.

Apple buy a macbook worth every penny
and upgrading the ram and hdd is dead easy and doesnt void warranty like it does if you upgrade a windows laptop.
So is this guy right or would upgrading my ram improve my computer quite a bit? Also planning on purchasing a 80gb+ hdd

Also if its worth it would it be worth it to get 1gb or just 640mb?

It would improve the computer quite a bit. Asking computer things on Yahoo is your first mistake. 1.2GHz is plenty for basic use, not gaming. Second, you don't upgrade to 640 (odd number), 1GB is what you want. Third, they suggest you get a Mac, that in itself explains everything. Fourth, upgrading the hard drive and ram isn't "easier" on a Mac.

You need to look for PC133 memory.

What are the downs of installing 640mb? I only have the money for 1 512 stick right now but I was planning on purchasing another one when I had the money. (College ruins me lol) I currently have two 128mb sticks

What are the downs of installing 640mb? I only have the money for 1 512 stick right now but I was planning on purchasing another one when I had the money. (College ruins me lol) I currently have two 128mb sticks

Can't you ask your parents for a little money? Nothing is "wrong" with 640MB of ram, it's just that it's an odd amount of ram and that it won't run at it's best.

Probably could, but I prefer not to ask them for money. They pay enough for me as it is

Either you could not get the ram now and save up a little bit for 1gb. Or get the ram now, and buy more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom