Continuous Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filya_Baranov

Baseband Member
My HP Desktop PJ506AA does not boot, at all, not even BIOS, and beeps Continuously. This Happened when I was putting in DDR2 512 RAM (I have DDR1, and I didn't realize I got DDR2 RAM and was trying to put that into my computer). After I put it in, I turned on the computer and it beeped, not once, not twice, but kept beeping, with around 7 second pauses in between.I also smelt a burning smell coming from around the area of my fan. I then took out the RAM, realizing it was DDR2 not DDR1 and attempted to power on my PC again. It kept on beeping. I then decided to narrow down the problem. I took out all unneeded parts. Including my GForce video card, DVD Drive, Hard Drive, Modem. All that remains inside is my motherboard, processor, my original DDR1 512 RAM, and my Intel Graphics built in card, that is attached to my motherboard. I powered on again, and it kept on beeping. I consulted the HP manual, to find out how many beeps mean what. It doesn't say anything about continuous beeps. I called HP, and they can't help me since my Warranty has expired. Please help me, thank you.

I checked out the link you sent me, It doesn't say anything about Continuous Beeping codes. Cause thats what mine does. It just beeps with pauses in between. I counted till about 32, and then turned off my computer cause it was getting annoying.

you prob fried the ram voltage control
and if you smelled a burning smell then wherever that smell was coming from ...whatever was burning is prob "FRIED"

srry man

is the ram properly placed?

when i first installed ram, i didnt have it clicked all the way down and it caused that beeping too. make sure both sides of the ram are clicked down all the way.

I'm having the same problem! I have Dell Dimension 8400 and I had 512 x 2 of ddr2, one in each bank and I recently ordered 1gb x 2 but i mistakenly placed both 512s in one bank and both 1gbs in one bank... after i turn on the pc, it beeps 6 times and when I turn it off it turns itself back on.

what can i do? :\

so wait... you put ddr 2 into a ddr1 slot? how did you manage that? you definately broke the RAM slot, and maybe the northbridge aswell.

you prob fried the ram voltage control
and if you smelled a burning smell then wherever that smell was coming from ...whatever was burning is prob "FRIED"

srry man

agree with ivan... better to go to a repair center so they can take a closer look and see what fried , for sure something is fried and will need to be replaced.

I'm gonna go buy a new piece of RAM, and a new Motherboard. Becuase I think maybe I damaged my RAM, the 512 DDR1. So I'm gonna try to put in brand new DDR1 ram. If that doesnt work, then i'll know for sure I need to replace the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom