Any good sites for Operating system simulators (especially Vista)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Just wondering if theres any good sites for simulating Vista and other OS's. Basically I would like to see what others see if I'm trying to help them with a Vista computer over the phone.

So do you want to connect to them or jsut run the software in a virtual machine?

Even with vmware and other virtual machines, you have to have a copy of Vista to install into it. You won't find any free simulator, unless you're into getting pirated copies of OS's.

Even with vmware and other virtual machines, you have to have a copy of Vista to install into it. You won't find any free simulator, unless you're into getting pirated copies of OS's.

huh?

vmware gave me a free copy.

huh?

vmware gave me a free copy.

They may have given you a free copy of the vmware virtual machine, but they didn't give you a free copy of Vista to install in the virtual machine. There are places you can get Vista images to run in vmware, but it's illegal.

I didn't mean you won't find any free VMs; I meant you won't find any free Vista simulator without having a copy of Vista.

They may have given you a free copy of the vmware virtual machine, but they didn't give you a free copy of Vista to install in the virtual machine. There are places you can get Vista images to run in vmware, but it's illegal.

I didn't mean you won't find any free VMs; I meant you won't find any free Vista simulator without having a copy of Vista.

oh ok

Is there a site with screen shots? I seem to remember when xp came out there were sites for just this purpose...

Google Image has a screenshot for every part of Vista. Still wont help you understand how ti works....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom