Ati X1900xtx 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Well, I was starting to get artifacts on my ATI X1900XTX 512MB video card.

I have played most of the new games with out any trouble with this card until yesterday....I started to get some bad artifacting in FEAR Extraction Point....I thought, oh well....it has been a solid performer, I have played about all the new games,with the exception of Crysis, on pretty high settings and at a resolution from 1280 X 1024 even sometimes 1600 X 1200 with great graphics and frame rate. I thought it was on its last leg, as it has MANY hours of HARD gaming sessions on it.

I took it out of my case and gave it a good cleaning.....been 5 months since I last cleaned case out.....The copper fins on the heatsink were plugged pretty good where the heat escapes this card. Cleaned it real good.

I put the card back in and got back to gaming, and this thing is right back at it again...ARTIFACTS GONE!!

I bought this off newegg on a great open box deal, and I have to say this thing has been rock solid for me, no problems at all in any game...drivers are good and card is good....the only overclocking it has ever seen is thru Catalyst Control Center Overdrive option.

I bought my son the Asus X1900XT 512MB crossfire edition card about the same time I got mine.....I was going to sell mine and grab an 8800GT, but the more I think about it, I think I am just going to keep it until it wont run a game like i would like. Then, give it to my son and he can crossfire them.....then I will get a new card.

Does anybody have any experience, hands on, in crossfire with these cards?

Enuff rambling about my card....I just wanted to give it alittle pat on the back....it has been one great video card for me, and is still performing very well with all the new games....I hope my next card is this good.

Let me know if you have ever used crossfire with these cards.....Thanks.

good to hear, have you run Enemy Territory:quake wars, Team Fortress 2, CS:S, or COD:4 on it ever? and if so what did you have the settings on and what fps did you get? I'm just curious, i'm ati nub honestly.

I have played most source engine games and Cod4 of the games you mentioned.

It handles the source engine games with ease...VERY high framerates.

Played CoD4 at 1280 X1024 most settings at high...maybe a couple on medium.....ran great, not sure how many frames....but smooth with no stutter.

TBH I would sell the card while it still has some value and pick up a midrange DX10 card like a 3850pro or 8800GT

Yeah you should sell it like Guru said. And you should also try to overclock your processor aswell. I would say you could easily get to 3.4GHz.

Nah....I think I will just give it to my son to crossfire when the time comes....it is doing fine on games for now like I said.

I really dont need bragging rights or nothing....40fps is smooth for my eyes....when it can't do that, then i will upgrade.

I know it will not do 40FPS in crysis, but I dont think I will be playing that in the near future anyway.

Well I upgraded to a 3850pro for about 15 pounds after I sold my x1900 512mb and saw about a 2x performance increase at stock....and a crapload when overclocked.

wow....I may have to reconsider....lol

which nvidia card is about the same price as the 3850? The 8800gt?

Also, is your 3850 512mb?

wow....I may have to reconsider....lol

which nvidia card is about the same price as the 3850? The 8800gt?

Also, is your 3850 512mb?

My 3850 is the 512mb yes...and I don't recommend getting a card under 512mb although even the 256mb 3850 is better than the 512mb x1900.

Also, the X1900 CF edition fetches a bit more on ebay and such because its a bit rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom