RAM Making me MAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrome247@hotmail.co

Beta member
Sorry guys i'm not to good on computer hardware but thought it couldn't be that hard installing more RAM. So i instaled it turned computer on, loud long beep about 5 seconds then on a continuous loop untill i turned computer off. Took out new RAM. Still the same problem! Was working fine untill i started messing with it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Welcome-to-TF.png

It sounds like a memory error. Try them in different slots. Or try the new RAM by itself.

Another option would be testing it, with a program called Memtest.

tried changing all the RAM about tried the 2 originals in different slots, tried the new one on its own, tried one old one in different slots tried the other old one in different slots. Still same problem with all combinations. Can't try any programs as computer turns on but the monitor doesn't start.

You can also try resetting the CMOS on the motherboard(Your motherboard manual should cover this).

But most likely you're going to have to return that RAM stick, for a replacement.

Also make sure that the RAM is supported by your motherboard. Check your motherboard manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom