Alienware vs Falcon Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing most of you guys overlook is that most intel motherboards have a limited front side bus speed of 1066 mhz. which limits the processors actual capability. now you can get motherboards with faster front side buses that bring out the processors true power but their pricier. and if i overreacted to people here I am sorry-not my intent to get mad just under a lot of stress lately. like I said I am a fan of the core 2, I just feel that my dual core will outperform one, and I have used a system with an e6600 on it before, and ive used my athlon, and liked them both, I just feel that my athlon outperforms it in most regards. I have seen the 6000+ overclocked up to 3.7 ghz (I watched it done on my friends system) and I have heard of it getting overclocked nearly to 4 ghz, though thats questionable. in the end, when i make a system for someone, I tell them just to get a processor their happy with that suits their needs, cuz the market goes back and forth, one year its AMD makes the best, then intel, then back to AMD. makes for good competition, and competition, makes for better processors in both sides. think about it, if there was no competition, thered be one company making sucky processors and wed never even know cuz we had no competition, instead we got 2 major companies competiting to make the best, and both companies have their sets of good processors.

um when a mother board supports 1066 fsb thats teh chip at stock fsb, if that where teh case, not one cpu would be overcloackable, anyway teh e6600 is slightly faster at stock, and there is no way in **** a 6000+ is ocing to 3.7ghz unless its water cooled, and intel has been ontop for nearly 2 years now, i do wish the amd phenoms performed better then they did tho.

Amd does make good processors but a e6600 is faster than a 6000+. Your chip isn't going to feel slow because its still good or the e6600 machines have something causing them to feel slow. But a 6000+ will be beat by a e6600 in most things especially when overclocked. And under the same kind of cooling a e6600 will overclock higher and is faster clock for clock. They are both good but the e6600 is a bit better.

nice XD just started playing tf2. its crazy. well have to game it up some nos XD

e6600 wins. hands down. why even argue it anymore?

please use some form of paragraphing for something that long XD

ya but no way is it possible for a 6000+ to oc to 3.7ghz. on air. its 90nm ontop of that.

it can't even get that far on Water Cooling (in rare cases they get lucky, but their temps are the kind you don't want, especially with water cooling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom