ASUS Launches EN8800GT With 1GB Qimonda memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
ASUS Launches EN8800GT With 1GB Qimonda memory

ASUS, worldwide leader in component and notebook design and manufacturing, today released the world's first EN8800GT graphics card with 1GB of QimondaT memory: The EN8800GT/HTDP/1G. Rocking NVIDIA'S latest generation Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and an unparalleled amount of memory, this card is designed to provide a feature-rich Direct®X 10 gaming and multimedia playback experience at ultra-high resolutions and maximum quality settings. Additionally, with the new integrated SmartDoctor feature, users have the option to overclock the Shader Clock to achieve graphical performance boosts of more than 10%, while the unique Glaciator Fansink keeps the GPU running at temperatures that are up to 7ºC cooler than reference designed boards.

Pointless. They would have been better off with a 512BIT interface (yes i know it would be impossible to do) or GDDR4, rather than just slapping on more GDDR3.

well, depending on price, it might be a good buy.

I mean, the only thing about the 512MB 8800GT is that it only matches a GTX on lower resolutions but the GTX performs much better on higher resolutions. Maybe a 1GB GT will be superior to a GTX no matter what resolution you play at, and hopefully, at a cheaper price than a GTX..

Maybe a 1GB GT will be superior to a GTX no matter what resolution you play at, and hopefully, at a cheaper price than a GTX..

I think that at higher resolutions, the 256bit bus will pretty much nullify all the advantages of the extra VRAM. 512MB or even 256MB of higher clocked GDDR4 would have been preferable for me.

holy expletive batman!

eh thats cool and all but depending on how much it is it is most likely boring and useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom