disc drive problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

saioke

Beta member
hey all.. i dont know where else to turn but i must reinstall windows (windows deactivated, cant activate it at all either)...

anyhow, one morning i put in this disc with my graphic drivers on it into a CD-R burner and the next thing i know i hear this screeching noise. i open my disc drive up to find that the cd broken into bits. not only that but my cd drive wouldnt work at all (wouldnt show up under my computer, bios, nothing at all!)

now i got another one which came out of a perfectly good computer only this one is dvd drive. i install it and boom.. still nothing shows up in the bios or nothing and i know for a fact nothing is wrong with this drive. i cant fix it but i must fix it. does anyone know what the problem is?

sadly i cant get into windows XP at all because its been deactivated now which is why i need the cd drive to work to reinstall it. can anyone help please?

my specs are if needed,:
windows xp home
768mb ram
533w power supply
2 hard drives (one 60 and one 40 totaling 101gb)
2.0ghz intel celeron processor
nvidia geforce fx 5200 256mb 128bit

its a fairly old computer which i had since 1999 with only a few upgrades. i just dont want to buy another.

edit: i forgot to add that the disc drive opens and led lights and everything as well.

what was the second "boom" did the other drive blow up as well...or you just exaggerating because it isn't seen? :p

depending on how old your machine/mobo is, some will require the bios to do a search/refresh on it's own to see added hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom