xp pro, and vista home basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I bought a dell xps laptop with xp pro on it. Anyway I upgraded to vista home basic update and the games I play are a little glitchy. I am trying to dual boot xp pro and vista.

When I restart I got the vista and xp thing to come up so it sees them both. The files are still on this machine, but when I go to the xp one it says something about the boot loader or something. I couldn't read it cause it flashed on the screen for 1 second and then the screen went black.

I know I am not supposed to go back to xp pro, but microsoft sux and didn't fix vista yet. Other then a few program glitches and a few game glitches vista works great.

My laptop has 2gb of ram, 100gb hard drive, intel pentium centrino mobile 2.4Ghz. Only 1 hard drive with 2 operating systems.

You don't upgrade to Vista, it's more of a downgrade.

ok, can we please stop getting off topic cause I really want to use xp pro right now. I have things to do and stuff that needs to get done. Putting music on my ipod, converting files, ect. I can't do that stuff in vista. I could probably put music on my ipod, but I don't want to do that with vista.

if i put the xp pro disc in and got to the recovery console and typed in fixmbr that wouldn't hurt anything would it? I think thats what I have to do, but I don't want to do it if it will mess up my vista thing from showing up on the boot menu.

So the games being "glitchy" are the only problem?
If so why not play them on XP?

Or get VTP best of both worlds :)

ok, can we please stop getting off topic cause I really want to use xp pro right now. I have things to do and stuff that needs to get done. Putting music on my ipod, converting files, ect. I can't do that stuff in vista. I could probably put music on my ipod, but I don't want to do that with vista.

Nice attitude.

are you being stupid or trying to help? I can't play them on xp yet. Also what is VTP?

More attitude. VTP> "GOOGLE IT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhuang913
You don't upgrade to Vista, it's more of a downgrade.

ok, can we please stop getting off topic cause I really want to use xp pro right now. I have things to do and stuff that needs to get done. Putting music on my ipod, converting files, etc. I can't do that stuff in vista. I could probably put music on my ipod, but I don't want to do that with vista.

I don't think that is off topic at all... If you "knew" MS sux and "didn't fix vista" then WHY PUT IT ON THERE?!? Seems kinda redundant to try and dual boot if NOTHING YOU OWN OR PLAY WORKS WITH VISTA!?!

Just thought I'd throw that in Norcent (if you wanted attitude of course)

If you don't want attitude coming back to you, my suggestion to you would be to reformat your system and not worry about Vista yet, until MS fixes the OS. XP Pro is MUCH more stable for anything you want to do. (Which is why I use it), and yes I think if you did try to fix pro it would mess up your Vista load. Now please don't be rude to people about what they say...

I mainly bought vista to play halo 2 which is a fun game, but it can't be played on xp. Also its only a few games that glitch, but they are fun games. Programs also glitch which i paid for.

I was told that microsoft came out with a service pack for vista, but i guess not.

Anyway How do i get xp to dual boot? I installed vista last and I know that there is a way to do it. Please get back to me with a good answer next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom