Question on Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
Hey guys, I had some quick questions on OverClocking specific computer parts in General.

For games which would be best to overclock.

My Specs are

3200 AMD Athlon
2 Gigs DDR 3200
8600 GTS 512 GDDR3
80 GB Hardrive

What would help me run games better as far as overclocking.

What shows the biggest difference of overclocking.

Thankyou

well probably the cpu will help bucket loads cause it will make everything run faster. but also oc the gfx card, cause games use the gfx card.

Now when I was a newbie I overclocked the CPU form 2.0 to 2.5

Which basically killed the computer so I thought, I reset the CMOS and everything was fine.

Is worth even trying to overclock the CPU even know I know what I'm doing because of the safety of the motherboard.

If I should still try to OC the CPU pull the 2.0 to what maybe?

Thanks for all the help.

Frying the CPU won't hurt the Mobo unless theres a freak accident... safety features are standards now

anyways... go for ~2.2-.4 if your on stock cooling, make sure your raising the voltages slightly each time!

go ahead and download either prime 95 or orthos to make your CPU run at 100% to make sure your overclocks are stable!

before actually running the CPU at 100%, download core temp to make sure the temperatures don't exceed 60-70 C

You can't really overclock a HD so don't try...

For the Ram, make sure you underclock it before CPU overclocking, once you've got a stable overclock, then try to raise up the ram again

get a skt 939 Athlon 3800+ X2 Toledo core QUICK as they are becoming harder to find well they are in the UK

you will probly need to do a BIOS flash but thts easy ;)

also if you overclock, remember to lower the HT from 5x to either 3x or 4x. i have mine on 3x and stuff is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom