Is AMD Now Obsolete?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
I am building a computer and decided I would go with an AMD dual core processor. A custom computer builder I talked to stated that I should not buy an AMD processor because they pail in comparison to Intel's lineup and they won't catch up anytime soon. Should I ditch AMD for Intel and not look back?:confused:

The only time when you should buy an AMD processor is if you are on a budget, if you do not overclock, or you are a fanboy. Intels current chips are far better.

AMD is not obsolete at all. It's not like Intel is downright mopping the floor with them. They're just behind, but that doesn't make them useless.

Go with the company you like.

The only time when you should buy an AMD processor is if you are on a budget, if you do not overclock, or you are a fanboy. Intels current chips are far better.

That about sums it up. You can get a quad core intel that will do anywhere from a 30% to 50% overclock for under 300 bucks, and a decent board for around 100. Just make sure to get a good cpu cooler if you plan to overclock.

That's up to you to decide.

Most people will say Intel, for performance.

I recomend a socket 939 board with an Athlon 64 3000+ not obsolete at all :p

amd/ati big wig says the company focus is now no longer on making the fastest processors....I know a lot of people are fanatical about this and that...but to me that means AMD will no longer be making anything that would make anybody WANT their run of the mill processors, cpu or gpu

we'll see what they bring out in 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom