Hmammen going Intel??? Waaaaaaa???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad i'll be back to running my 680i with quad at 3.8ghz and SLI GTS 512's next week :) RMA board shipped out today.

Brand loyalty is only good if you work for said brand.

if I worked for AMD I would still have a q6600 setup :p

Wouldn't mind a few b3 phenoms for folding either though :)

Too bad i'll be back to running my 680i with quad at 3.8ghz and SLI GTS 512's next week :) RMA board shipped out today.

Brand loyalty is only good if you work for said brand.

well, im lapping tomorow, so il be pushing to 3.8ghz aswell, if not more maybe 3.9, and the 3870's are preaty fast, its gonan be fun i can tell you that much, anyway im off to play c0d4.

Well I plan to get a 3870x2 when they come out which will hopefully be later this month, and I hope to push 3.8GHz+ on a suicide run next time I run 3DMark, so you can count me in for the race to #1 on tf.

bah! why are you going to the ati card!!! you're willing to lose high aa and af?! screw that! lol

pretty soon i'll be up in that top ranking for 3dmark w/ dualie gtx's

and after i'm done buying the gtx.. i'll buy a new 780i+case

then i'm set until the 9 series.. well, later on during the 9 series when prices go down... so i don't think i'll do a huge revamp of my system until about june

Well I had planned on buying the 9800... but with the specs being a mere dual version of the gts 512... I just don't know if it will be worth the undoubtedly high price tag. If the 9800GX2 truly turns to be 2 gts's slapped onto one card, then I have no doubt my 3870x2 will outperform it since crossfire is much more scalable than SLi.

And besides, my decision is not set in stone yet. If the 9800GX2 is significantly faster, I'll buy that instead.

lol don't care if crossfire scales better, look at charts, 8800gts (g92) sli beats 3870 crossfire...

only time crossfire wins is in benchmarks

That is true, but I am mainly going for a high 3DMark score. Stupid? Maybe. But let's be realistic here. If I can turn all the settings up on both cards, but maybe get 10fps less on the 3870x2, it's not going to matter to me as long as I'm still getting at least 60 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom