Nehalem....it's a-comin-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was going to be a octo-core nehalem chip... I can't wait to get one of these. To bad there will be something even better coming out by the time I could afford it.

why do they have to change socket, and ram right when i built my machine. :( this always seems to happen to me, i bought socket 939 abotu a year later obsolete., ohwell hiopefully i can go another 2 years with atleast a gpu upgrade.

why do they have to change socket, and ram right when i built my machine. :( this always seems to happen to me, i bought socket 939 abotu a year later obsolete., ohwell hiopefully i can go another 2 years with atleast a gpu upgrade.

Memory controller on the cpu. Thats why. But dont fear, at the rate AMD is putting out stuff, it'll be late '09 before Intel bothers releasing affordable nehalem stuff.

Yes I know it isn't octo core, I said "'effectively' octo core". Meaning it will be like having 8 cores...

but it's not....hyperthreading is much different. Part of a core working on a single process thread is not the same as having a dedicated core to a thread :p

It may sound like I'm just trying to pin you on a technicality but there is, in fact, quite a big difference between the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom