Where else can I find recycle bin if I removed it from the desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit - new question. Is there anyway I can remove text from the icons? I just changed my recycle bin icon to the small black box looking thing... if I can get the text to be removed from the icon that'd be sweet. If not, I'll just deal with the small black square in the lower right corner.
I don't think you can remove the name in the tag, because that is also the filename of the link on your desktop.

But as for your original question. Every hard drive has a recycle bin folder on it that you can get to from Windows Explorer. Just removing the icon from your desktop doesn't remove the actual recycle bin that you can get to in Explorer. Unless by some chance you managed to totally get rid of your recycle bin.

I nuked the Recycle Bin a long time ago. My wife made me put it back on here comp, though.

Considering I don't use any icons but docks instead, it was out of place on my desktop.

I got a solution. If it was mentioned already, I apologize.

With the recycle bin on the desktop, dock it in the quick launch in the lower left by the start button. Then go to gpedit.msc, remove the recycle bin from your desktop, then reboot. Now the recycle bin is accessible by the quick launch icon yet it's off the desktop.

Rawr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom